Monday, October 6, 2008

Success

Well, we made it to Raleigh and back in one piece. We rented a 15 passenger van and even with that we weren't sure how we were going to get everything in the van.  I still don't know how we got all the drums, keyboard equipment, amps, guitars and pedal boards in, not to mention the whole band and kids!
After we got all the gear in the van we needed to make room for all of us!!!  Poor Skylar had to sit up with the kids.  He didn't seem to mind and the kids did really well with all the "entertainment" they had back with them=)
The D-Now was incredible.  The students were really singing out and Pastor Dave did a GREAT job communicating with them about the importance of living the life of a sold-out Christian!
On the way up to to the church we dropped the kids off in Durham at Uncle Pal and Aunt Jenn's house.  I'm so glad she posted some pictures.  I always wonder what our kids are up to when we're doing our thing=)
We weren't able to meet Meme to pick up the kids in Durham until around 11 so I was hoping they'd sleep all the way home.  It's funny, though, we got in the car, turned on Praise Baby to settle the kids down and EVERYONE ended up falling asleep ... EXCEPT THE KIDS!!!  I wish I would have had a picture of all the guys knocked out in the back=)  The kids were up until we got home at 2am.  Let's just say I felt sorry for their teachers at Ridge on Sunday morning=)  No, in all honesty, they did GREAT besides a few usual Sunday morning meltdowns.

1 comment:

Joy said...

You are brave souls! I don't know how far Raleigh is from where you are but it looked like quite a trip!

If and when Daniel ever "makes it" and tours we want to get a Winnebego (deja vu, I may have told you this already)! Because I couldn't stand to not be with him.

When he goes to Mardi Gras for an outreach every year for less than 2 weeks I can barely stand it!