Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Where Is All The Gas????


We've been riding out tanks down to "E" a lot lately because of, well, many reasons, but we were on dead empty last night.  Josh left to go Uptown to CharlotteONE last night and passed our gas station right by our house thinking, "Oh, I'll just get gas on the way there".  Little did he know that Charlotte is completely OUT OF GAS everywhere else!!!!  He drove 45 min. and saw absolutely NO gas.  He said he would have been there at 6:30 if he wouldn't have had to drive around for an extra 30 minutes looking for ANY PLACE with some gas!  It's a little scary, since we make a living ON THE ROAD!!

On the news I saw a video of one car actually pushing another car from behind just to get it into the gas station.  People were running out of gas just waiting in the ridiculously LONG lines at the pump!

Do you have gas where you live?  How much is it? 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I was down near Atlanta on Monday. Most stations still had gas there, although a few were out. Where I live, it depends. So far at least half the stations still have gas. I am fortunate, though, I can stay home and conserve gas, but others are having it rough.

Jennifer Hambrick said...

no problems here in Durham yet...and it is hanging around $3.89 a gal

Abbey said...

Oh my goodness. That is a bit wierd and scary. I hope you find gas for all your travels!!

Our gas is about $3.45/gallon and no shortages reported. We are on a different supply line in New England than the south. Even though the rest of cost of living things are high in NH, suprisingly enough, NH is the third cheapest state lately for gas!

jayandjoy said...

Last week there was absolutly NO gas here in Columbia. Prices last week around $4.26 now some places have gas and others don't and the prices are about $3.89

sheltonfamily said...

I heard that you all were having a gas crisis. My parents in GA are having big issues. We are at 3.57 in TX, but that is cause we have so much oil!

Michaelle said...

We have gas here in Missouri (for now) and it is around $3.79 a gallon!

Joan said...

We have gas here is Cali at the moment, currently I am paying 3.58 at Costco. Or you can visit Shell for 3.79 - I will stick to trusty costco =).