Thursday, September 25, 2008

Surprise!!

I had just spent the afternoon cleaning.  Now, I don't know about you, but the day that I clean I want the house to look like it, at least for a few hours!!

After we have our family Bible devotion time every night, we set the timer and the kids have a few minutes to quietly read books (or dance around and air guitar to WHATEVER music is playing) to settle them down for bed.  This gives Josh and I a couple of minutes to pray together for our kids.   As I was walking out of the room for book time this particular night, Areyna told me she needed a tissue for her stuffy nose.  I handed her a tissue and walked out.

This is what I found when I walked back in the room after book time.

Again, I ask, why do I even bother?!  I immediately go into my speal about how hard mommy works to clean the house , that they just made the house messy again, then Rainy interrupts me with a look like I had hurt her feelings and she says, "mommy, we made you a surprise."  Zeke quickly runs over to the "pieces" on the floor and asks "some, mommy?  Supise!!"  

I felt awful.  They were so proud of their surprise for their mommy.  Just look at them.  MAN, I LOVE MY KIDS!!  I hope I won't be so quick to judge next time=)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

awww, sweet! I love your kids too :)