Friday, September 5, 2008

Do's And Don'ts





 A few days ago Josh had a lunch meeting by Carolina Place Mall so we thought we'd all go together.  Josh dropped me and the kids off at the mall and he headed over to his meeting down the street.  I'm not a big shopping person, big shocker huh=)  I think we've only been to the mall 2 other times since we moved here over 2 years ago!  Anyway, they have an awesome play area for the kids.

So we pulled out our double stroller, prepped the kids to OBEY all the way, right away, with a happy heart and said goodbye to Josh and our only way of escape.  I must admit I was a little nervous, not knowing when Zeke's next little episode may occur, because Josh had taken the car and we would be stuck, bad attitudes and all!

Here are a few things I learned today:

1-If you have a job wandering around the mall giving surveys I'd suggest you NOT GO to the kid's play area and ask a mom who is clearly by herself trying to keep an eye on 2 toddlers going 2 different directions.  She DOES NOT have "3 spare minutes" to answer a survey about hair care products!

2- Make sure you take the kids on a potty break BEFORE entering the play area so as not to provoke a meltdown in order to accomplish the task later on=)

3- Don't even bother going in a department store with tables of "stuff" up and down the center aisles with a side-by-side double stroller.  YOU WILL GET STUCK!!

Now I KNOW many of ya'll go to the mall to play at their playgrounds.  What are some helpful hints you've learned?  This was a first for me all by myself.  Malls make me nervous enough as it is...
Post a Comment