Saturday, August 9, 2008

Time Line

*Keep in mind that we've been sleeping in the same room with our kids for over a week and none of the following events had ever taken place prior to last night.

1:00am - Went to bed

1:45am - Areyna starts singing in her sleep

2:30am - Zeke walks out of his closet/bed with his arms held out in front of him, like a zombie, screaming  like he just saw a ghost.  (we had 2 small closets in our room at the lake that we put sleeping bags in for the kids)

3:15am - Areyna talks and sings some more

4:04am - in mid-sentence while talking in her sleep, Areyna jerks up and starts complaining about her tummy hurting.  She begins to get a fever.

4:07am - Zeke walks out of his "area" again, looks and me and Rainy cuddling in bed and turns right around to stumble back in his bed.  Hmmm, he was sleep walking

4:12am - Zeke walks back out of his bed stumbles around and falls on the floor and just lays there.  Josh picks him up and we all just lay in our bed.  All of a sudden Zeke is WIDE AWAKE and ready for the day.  He wanted to start singing and playing=)  What in the world!!

4:15am - After some cuddle time we put the kids back to bed

4:20am - Areyna starts randomly talking about something and then begins throwing up

By now I've lost ALL track of time and felt like I got NO rest.  We are supposed to be packed up and out of the lake house by 10am this morning.  I couldn't seem to get myself up so I continued to drift in and out of consciousness after the kids got out of bed at 7:45am.  That is the last time I looked at the clock.  

THEN, I woke up all of a sudden, sat up and looked at the clock and it said 9:40am.  WHAT???  I still hadn't packed the kids suitcase or anything else for that matter!!!!  I start frantically scurrying around.  I told Josh that I couldn't believe he let me sleep so late.  So an hour or so goes by before I realize something wasn't right.  Nobody else seemed as concerned about the time as I did.  I asked Josh about it and he started laughing.  He told me that about 10 min. after the kids got up he went in and set the clock an hour ahead "just for fun" to see what would happen=)

That was by far one of the wierdest nights EVER!  And, Josh's little "joke" got me moving pretty quickly this morning=)

Post a Comment