Sunday, August 10, 2008

Couple Questions

We are home!! The kids are finally in bed and Josh and I are watching the Olympics.  I love watching the Olympics.  This is the only time I have the TV on all day, even if I'm not necessarily watching it all day.  It's so exciting to me.  

Anyway, swimming is currently on and Josh and I have a couple questions that maybe you can answer.

1 - How in the world do the swimmers breathe while doing the backstroke with all that water in their faces?

2 - How do the swimmers not run into each other?  I've never even seen anyone hit those floating divider lines.  This coming from someone who ran into a cement wall as a pre-teen while swimming under water.  Let's just say that swimming is NOT a gift that I've been blessed with=)

3 - Why don't they have more flattering bathing suites for the women swimmers?  Just wondering=)

2 comments:

Kelly Via said...

You are so silly, Tasha:) I don't get your first paragraph...I think something happened there...

Here's my shot at answering your questions.

Don't know about the backstroke

They watch the lines on the bottom of the pool when they are on their belly, and they have marks they watch in the ceiling (I bet) when they are doing Back stroke. The line stops near the end so they can know the wall is coming and its about time to turn :)

I bet the women's bathing suits are made for speed...so they want to flatten their curves, not accentuate them, so that they glide through the water the fastest that they can.

That's all I've got for ya.

Unknown said...

too funny Tasha!! I wondered about those unflattering bathing suits and staying in the lines while swimming too. thanks for asking...now I'm a little more educated on the swimming competition. Thanks kelly for the answer.