Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Could It Be That Time Again

Potty training was tough with Areyna.  There are no books on how to potty train while constantly traveling on the road.  She started showing interested in July when she was about 2 1/2 years old.  But there was almost no way to be consistent until between Thanksgiving and Christmas when I was determined to be done with it and we had a couple local weeks and I knew we'd be home consistently.  We took my friend Emily's advice and she was "naked baby" for about a week or so and wearing her "big girl undies" (we don't say the "P" word at our house=)) and she knocked it out pretty quick.  Well during that time Zeke started to tell me right before or directly after he would go potty in his diaper.  I'd ask him if he wanted to sit on the potty but he was never interested.  I thought it was awesome enough that he'd even tell me at all.  Well, today he pulled at his diaper and said "peepee" and I said "do you want to go on the potty" and he lit up and took off to the bathroom.  As soon as I stripped him down and sat him on the potty it came trickling.  He was so excited.  A couple minutes later he said he had to go again.  We did this a few times until it was all out, I guess, and then he was ready to put his clothes back on.  I don't know if I'm ready to tackle this all over again already, but if he's ready what can I do=)  Maybe we'll be completely diaper-less for the first time in 3 years=) 

5 comments:

sheltonfamily said...

Oh wow... now I am motivated.. I keep delaying it and it sounds like Ellie could be like Areyna not totally into it... so do you suggest the naked plan? I just can't figure out what you do if you need to go somewhere and we are like you guys where something is always going on. I might call ya cause we need some help!

the broomes said...

GO ZEKE!!!!

mom said...

So, do I need to go get some big boy underwear for Zeke?

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Wow! Way to go Zeke! If he is like Ella, once he makes up his mind...it doesn't matter if you are ready or not =)

Emily Jennings said...

Wow, that's awesome. Lukey has been telling me when he pee's and poops in his diaper, but when I ask him if he'd like to sit on the big potty, he runs the other way, and cries like he's terrified I'm going to put him IN the potty. I need to buy a little potty. I was planning on introducing that, and it got cracked in the move.