Thursday, February 7, 2008

Surprise!!

Periodically I go through mine and Josh's calendars to correlate our dates to make all our web updates. Last week when I was doing so, I saw that I was supposedly meeting my friend Melissa Rutty in Waxhaw somewhere, but I didn't remember making those plans. I went to ask Josh if he remembered this commitment of mine and he said, "Oh, you weren't supposed to see that yet". Needless to say, I've been waiting in anticipation for today since last week. I got the call around 9:30 this morning telling me to meet in the parking lot of a Harris Teeter at 10:45. I reluctantly kissed Josh and the kids goodbye and headed to my destination. I pulled up and met my sweet friend outside. She met me with a hug and a grin as she opened the door to Massage Envy and said "Happy Birthday". I was outwardly speechless but thinking to myself that I was so glad that I had shaved this morning=) They asked if I'd ever gotten a massage before and I said "when I was 9 months pregnant Josh got me a 'mother's massage' at a massage place, does that count?" Thank you Melissa!!! I am so blessed to have a friend like you. That blessed one hour massage gave me enough patience and endurance to handle anything that could have come my way today=)

3 comments:

sheltonfamily said...

Wow! what a blessing... I love massages.... they are incredible!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Wow...what a great surprise! Don't you just love delayed bday gifts =)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you liked it! :-) You so deserved it. I am so blessed to have you as a friend.