Thursday, April 18, 2019

Track Out Adventures ~ Falls Dam

Josh and I are such creatures of habit.  We love adventures, but we always tend to go to the same places and do the same things and eat the same foods. But this year we're trying to branch out a little bit.  Like going to new places.  Ordering foods we have to look up on google just to figure out what they are and try new activities.

This new found desire to get out of the box decided to make its way into our track out adventures too.

Typically my anxiety keeps me from getting out and taking spontaneous adventures with the kids.  Who am I kidding, I hardly ever get out and adventure at all, lol.  But NOT THIS TRACK OUT! I was determined NOT to let my anxiety limit the possibilities as best I could.

I called up my partner in crime, we loaded up the party van and headed to Falls Dam. 

First of all, I hardly ever go to new places with all my kids without Josh.  Secondly, I NEVER am the one driving because that makes my anxiety even worse.  But again, I wasn't going to let that stop me this time!

We had no agenda, no time restraints and a party van full of adventure seekers just waiting to be unleashed. The weather was perfect and the setting was beautiful. This outing birthed an idea within Heidi and I.  We want to try to knock out as many new parks in our area as we can with these kiddos before they get too old to enjoy them (maybe...HOPEFULLY they never will!).












1 comment:

memeandpoppee said...

I love this post. You are making memories with these kids that they will remember for a life time. You are a wonderful mom.