Monday, June 30, 2014

A Miraculous Healing

I'm in the middle of another great book.
(I just can't help myself, ha!)

One of the sections is about a young man named Jordan, who moved in with another family for health reasons.  This particular family truly believed that a positive, biblical attitude could do wonders for the soul, and overall health of an individual, so when Jordan would walk around with a frown or self-pitty because of his declining health he was asked to leave the room, because the father of the household didn't want this negativity to effect his own children.

Jordan slowly began training himself to look at everything as a blessing and thanking God for even the little progresses in his health.

When he moved in with this family he was literally on the doorstep of death, so when he would have relief from his symptoms for even one hour he began thanking God for his healing.  He gradually began to realize that healing doesn't have to always mean a 100% recovery.  For him it was a minute-by-minute thing, and he was going to thank God for even than 1 hour of physical healing, knowing that the symptoms and pain would most likely be coming back, but knowing that his Creator had a plan and He had granted him that even one hour of relief.

This past weekend has been wonderful.
My anxiety has been near non-existent.
It has been the best feeling in the world.
Not that the kids didn't argue over Legos or squirt each other in the face with water guns or grumble about what was for dinner...no, that would mean I was dreaming;)

No, this was different.
A stressor was JUST a stressor, not something that raised my heart rate and blowup.
Laughing was abundant.
The little things were JUST little things, that were kept in perspective.

I remember thinking to myself, "This must be what it's like not to have anxiety!  I wish I could be like this EVERY day".

In turn, Zeke was having an exceptionally good Sunday afternoon.  He was compliant to correction, obeying with a happy heart, being patient, helping his siblings...and I can't even count the number of times he told me he loved me last night:)

While we were getting ready for bed he stopped and looked up at me and said, "I wonder why I feel so happy today?  I feel so happy and have a lot of energy! I wish I could be like this EVERY day!"

Out of the mouth of babes, I tell ya.  That is my sentiment exactly.

And then all of a sudden I remembered this part of the book that reminded me that Zeke and I had, most definitely been healed from our anxiety.

Maybe not forever, but for yesterday, and for me the following two days before.

I turned to Zeke and said, "Zeke, I don't know what has given you such a happy heart today, I hope it stays around for along time, but right now, God is allowing you to have this great day, and so we need to thank him for taking all those other feelings away.  Even if they come back tomorrow, TODAY he has taken them away."

A few minutes later I saw him praying in his room, literally thanking his Creator for his healing.

I may be ridden with anxiety tomorrow, or even this afternoon for that matter, but today, RIGHT NOW, I am healed, and for that I am thankful!

No comments: