Tuesday, August 13, 2013

...Because I'm 4 Now

I still love to watch him sleep
Usually when we think of the BIG birthdays we tend to think of "Sweet 16", 18, 21, 30, 40, 50 and so on.

But for Cai, turning 4 has brought a whole new zeal for life!

All of a sudden he is trying new things and insisting that he does things on his own that he would typically want someone else to do for him.

Now he walks with me to go pick up Areyna and Zeke.  Before he would stay behind and play with his cars because the field grass was too itchy and the walk was too rigorous (ha!) for his little legs and the heat was just too much for him to bear.  Now when it's time to go get them he scurries around to get his shoes on saying,
     "I'm gonna walk with you to get Rainy and Zeke...because I'm 4 now."

I couldn't get him to even TRY and buckle himself in the car for the life of me, until now!  Now he insists on doing it on his own, and if for some reason he can't get it he'll calmly ask for help.
     "I can buckle myself...because I'm 4 now."

     "Mom, I like rice and beans now...because I'm 4!"

     "Mom, I'm gonna lie down at Dr. Joe's to get adjusted...because I'm 4 now."

But do NOT be fooled, there are just some things that being 4 cannot change, like his need to ask for food every 10 minutes or his heart-melting little lisp:)

I can tell 4 is gonna be a BIG year for this boy!

No comments: