Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Free-For-All

This week we finally made it to the Pediatrician for Jude's 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 month appointment...can we say fifth child, ha!  Everything checked out A okay, shew...

I knew he was progressing in life just fine.  He even started saying "Dada" when he sees Josh and Ah-duh (all done).  It's super cute!

My friend, Patience, shared a recipe for Kale Chips.  I'd never even heard of Kale, much less baked it, but it was a HUGE success for small group and even 2 of my 5 children liked it (and 1 of those doesn't even count yet!!!).

A friend asked for the recipe, so here it is!

Kale Chips

All you need is: 
1 head of Kale (washed and thoroughly dried), Olive Oil, Sale and Pepper

Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.  Remove the ribs from the kale and cut leaves into 1 1/2-inch pieces.  Lay on a baking sheet and toss with a light drizzle of olive oil.  Season with salt and pepper.  Bake until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, about 20 minutes.


My week...oh it has been a week...

I feel as though I've been saying that a lot lately.

Does anyone else feel like life is moving 100 mph and you are just holding on for dear life?  Not in a bad way, but life is just...happening.  I can't slow it down...it's been difficult to savor the sweet things, and handle the hard things...no matter how hard I try.

And that, my friends, is why I blog:)

Because, how else would I remember the morning I walked in to "wake up" the girls and Alethia had covered her face in blue marker as "makeup" and her covers were completely drenched from a cup of water she decided to dump on her bed.
This photo doesn't NEARLY give justice to the blue"ness" that abounded when we first got her up.
Or the panic attack that occurred shortly after realizing that the afore-mentioned blue marker was Zeke's "special marker" from his birthday and was now dried out!

Or the time Cai insisted that he poopied in the doggy house in the kids play area outside, picked it up and discarded it in the dirt, only to go on a poop-hunt, in the dark, and find NOTHING!  When asked why he had said that he pooped outside he just grinned at me and said, "I'm just kidding!  I'm siwwy!"

Or the amount of times that the kids can yell "Moooommm! No Jude! Mom! NO JUDE! Can you come get Jude! OH NO!!!  MOOOOOMMMM, come get...NOOOOOOO Jude! Mom, Jude just ate a Lego (or Polly Pocket skirt, or page from a book) in one hour:)

Or the time Zeke came yelling, "MOOOOOMMMM!  Mom!  This is REALLY bad!  There's TONS of ants by the swing and I'm afraid they are going to eat Alethia!!!!"  Upon further investigation, though, we found A (ONE) stray (black) ant meandering around the swing area...

Oh the urgency in that boy's voice is enough to give me a heart attack!

So, I may not be able to stop time, but I can sure use the time I do have, to document as much as I can of the crazy season of life I am currently holding onto for dear life:)

Happy Friday ya'll!

Here's to a GREAT weekend.

2 comments:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

I'm so with you on this wild crazy 100mph ride! So glad you are with me too =)

Stefanie Spruill said...

Do you like salt and vinegar chips? You can replace the pepper in your kale chips recipe with vinegar and make salt and vinegar kale chips...so yummy!

Happy Friday! :)