Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Free-For-All

I've been trying to run a 5k at a decent pace for several weeks now.  My knee/hip flexor problems from years of soccer have only gotten worse over the years.  It's beyond frustrating, but then I calm myself down by changing my perspective...at least I can get out and lightly jog (for about a mile) or walk around the park.  For that I am thankful.  But it would still be nice to be able to really work up a sweat.  While Josh was out last week he bought me some of this athletic tape to try out.  It is fabulous.  That is, until it begins to unstick and fall off!  I've been making it to about 2 miles at a GREAT pace, which hasn't happened in years, but then the tape falls off and my knee begins screaming in protest...I'm up for suggestions or advice:)

This time last year we had just made an emergency landing BACK in London.  I am beyond thankful for the moments we captured on our blog from our in-country experience!  Every day I've been going back and reading what happened a year ago that day and have been flooded with emotions and reading details we had forgotten.  If you have never been through an adoption you may not understand quite what we are going through.  We have our happy ending.  In fact, she is outside swinging with her sister, singing songs at the top of her lungs!  I keep asking myself why I have been on the verge of depression all week or why I can't get Uganda off of my mind when she IS here.  I can't explain what we are feeling.  It just is what it is.  I've not really communicated with the kids about the significance of the past few days, but Uganda has clearly been on their minds as well.  Cai and Alethia have been talking about past experiences from their time together in "Aphika".  Smells and sights have been reminders to Rainy and Zeke as well!

*sigh*

Josh and I have had the sweetest times this week after the kids decide to stay in their rooms and call it a night.  We find ourselves talking and laughing way into the night about nothing.  About everything.  Last night it was after 1am when we decided that "for real, we're going to bed":)  6:15 comes early, and my jogging legs feel like led, but it's been SO worth it.  I can't wait to grow old with him!

Happy Friday, ya'll!

2 comments:

alliesmith said...

Have you tried Kinesio tape? Not sure if that is already what you are using, but if not it is FAB-U-LOUS. I was a dance major in college and this stuff saved our lives! You can buy it at Dick's Sporting Goods. http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4414367&sr=1&origkw=kinesio%20tape


--Allie

Katelyn said...

I was going to suggest the Kinesio tape too! I use it for crossfit and it is AWESOME!