Monday, January 23, 2012

Not Me Monday

I never neglect my own Dr. appointments.

Nope, not me.

I am "by-the-book-Betty" when it comes to things like that.

Yup.

And it's a good thing too, because if I were to, say, have missed 2 more OBGYN appointments and call to reschedule this morning, they would have to tell me that my file had been flagged and that if I missed another one I'd be let go due to non-compliance...

And then I'd feel like I had just been reprimanded at the principal's office:(

But that's just NOT something I would do.

Nope, not me!

**********************************************************

Alethia update: many of you know we had to take Alethia to the ER yesterday due to a rapid escalating fever and restricted breathing.  By the time I took her temp it was 104.4.  We had a feeling that she had Malaria and after several hours of tests, procedures and blood work it was confirmed.  She does, in fact, have Malaria and also a UTI.  We finally got her fever stabilized around 100 and her breathing slowed down tremendously with this.  We made it home around 3:30am and have a follow-up this afternoon to confirm some more test results and learn more about the strain of Malaria that she has.

Thank you for all your prayers for our little girl!

PS-When I went in to put her to bed with Rainy last night, Areyna was cuddled up with Alethia's picture:)  She loves that sister of hers!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Get to the doctor!!!!! You have to take care of yourself. Give Alethia a hug and I pray for a quick recovery. That Malaria can be tough.

Ashley said...

Praying for Alethia. And you! Just think of going to the doctor as alone time. :)