Friday, August 12, 2011

Fun Facts For Friday

I think we've found a great routine here at the Via Home Of Schooling:) (No, that's not the name of our school, it just sounded fun at the moment, ha!)  We've found our groove and we're sticking to it.  I'll give a full recap of the past month of school next week.  It's been going great, and I must say, the kid's teacher has had a much better attitude toward teaching our kids over the past few weeks.

My bestest bud and her hubby had their baby yesterday morning!  New life never gets old to me.  I still get giddy every time I get a text from someone saying they are on their way to the hospital to have their baby.  Hey, that'll be us in less than 6 months!

Yes, 6 more months.  I am growing out of my regular clothes on a daily basis now:(  Oh well...I can take it...6 more months...

We received our first check from Just Love Coffee.  This organization is helping us raise money for our adoption one bag of coffee at a time.  For every bag you buy, we get $5 toward our personal adoption!  So, go get you some coffee worth two great causes...a happy heart for you in the morning, and support to get our little girl home!

The Ugandan courts reconvene on MONDAY!  We hope to hear something soon after they re-open so we'll have a more definite time line of when we'll be traveling.

After last weekends Yard Sale we are down to about $4000 to raise!  That's it...I can't believe it.  You can help that number go down by buying our coffee and/or by cashing in your Change For Change that you've been saving up.  Go ahead and send those on in!  We're getting close ya'll!

We have new service times this weekend at Journey.  Take your pick and come on out to join us!
8:40am, 10:15am, 11:55am.  Oh, and go sign up for a LUGGAGE GIVE AWAY that is going along with our new series!

On a different note, the weather has been absolutely beautiful in the mornings.  The kids and I even spent a few hours outside before lunch yesterday!  Bring on the FALL!

Here's a sweet picture to leave you with this morning!
I went back and noticed that most of my pictures recently have been of Cai.  *sigh* He's just growing up so fast, and his recent birthday has just been a reminder of how big he is getting:)

Have a great Friday ya'll!

3 comments:

the broomes said...

Hey Tash-- We finally rolled all of our change and took it to the bank! We had a great experience doing this-- do you mind if I blog about it?

Jennifer Hambrick said...

I love that picture of you and cai! So sweet. And I am so freaking proud of you for your renewed homeschooling efforts this summer! I am inspired. Love you!

Kelly Via said...

I like that Jenn said freaking.