Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Toys Worth Keeping Around

It will come as no surprise when I say that I purge on a monthly, if not weekly, basis.  I purge blankets, towels, medicine in the closet, toys...just about anything that can be purged, is.  But, while I was looking around the house the other night I realized that I had actually hung on to a handful of toys through all of my kids!

LeapFrog Learning Friends™ Phonics Bus® Vehicle - Nope, I can't take credit for Areyna picking up her ABC's before she was three.  This school bus just happened to be one of her fav's in room time.  I'd find her cuddled up with it on her bead as she pushed buttons...over and over...





LEGOS-We have all the legos that we have ever gotten.  Our kids absolutely LOVE legos.  We have three different sizes.  I love that they can all sit down with their own sets and play "together" for hours.  Literally.Hours.  And besides the fact that these tiny, little pieces can get lost in any nook and cranny around the house and that they hurt like hates when you step on one in the middle of the night, I really have no other complaints:)


American Plastic Toy Homestyle Kitchen - Colors May Vary - This play kitchen may have been assembled with a couple curses and bad attitudes, but oh the hours of fun each of our kids has had with it!  It currently resides in Areyna's play closet where she can cook her Barbies and butterflies a 4-course meal!  Cai just loves putting things in and out...and in and out...




Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Corn Popper Push Toy - We got this from Debbie Burgess for Areyna who found it at Goodwill.  ALL of our kids have enjoyed vacuuming around the house with me with this simple toy!  You better believe I will hang onto any toy that promotes help with cleaning and organizing:)

Good Night, Sweet Butterflies: A Color Dreamland - Our copy of this sweet book has seen it's better days.  We got it before Areyna was born and it has been a favorite of all three kiddos.  It may help that we sing it to the tune of "Hush Little Baby":)





These are just a few of their favorite things.

How about your kids?  What are the toys that they actually DO play with on a regular basis?

1 comment:

Kelly Via said...

Tasha, when I was helping the kids clean up the toys in your living room last week, I put the Leap Frog Learning bus away, and it was surprising to me how long it had been around! I can remember it sitting on the wooden shelf in the living room at your house in Henderson. It has been a favored toy at your house for sure!

I may have to do a post like this...would be fun!