Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Straw Bale Gardening: Progress Report

Just LOOK at my beautiful garden!
Everything has gone exactly as planned:)
Well...

Before you get too envious of my success

I must admit something...

I lied!

Almost NONE of my seedlings took after I transplanted them:(
All I had left were 4 tomato plants, 1 pumpkin seedling and a few marigolds.

But apparently mushrooms are the way to go!

I didn't even have to plant these bad boys
They just started growing...and growing...and growing...


Josh is so sweet though.
Just like anything I try, we have an agreement
that it is based on trial and error.
Starting a garden by seed definitely ran on the "error" side of the spectrum
and Josh was more than willing to let me go to Lowe's
to get some more mature plants to try again.

Besides, Lowe's has a 1-year guarantee on all their plants.
Even if you are the cause of their death,
which in my case, is always the case,
they will let you get a new one!


So, now I'm working on keeping these little guys alive!
They seem to like their new home so far:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have just lit a fire under me to repair my straw mess, hahaha!