Sunday, March 13, 2011

Full

This weekend was amazing.  Josh and I lead worship for a Women's Conference in Williamsburg, VA.  We made it home long enough for Josh to unload the car, make chocolate-chip pancakes (our Sunday night tradition) for the kids, and then head out the door to finish up this weeks song in the studio.

I am just sitting here in my living room reflecting on the weekend, with crickets chirping in the background, since all of my windows are open (of course), while liestening to Areyna read her little brothers books in book time. 

I feel so full.

Full of all that God has been doing in my life!

The friendships that He has orchestrated.
The family who steps in to help, even if it means that there are so many kids that you can't fit them all in one vehicle.
A husband who has loved me more and more with every year.
3 children at home.
1 child across the ocean who WILL be here...in God's timing.
A patient God who continues to teach me how to be more and more like Him.

Usually when I get home from being out of "mom mode" for a couple of days, there are some mental transitions that take place on my part to get me back into the swing of things.

But coming home this time was different.

My one take-away from the weekend is going to be a life habit!  It's something I have heard my whole life but it finally clicked.  I think I finally get it!

I am a million different things to different people (or at least it feels like it some days).  I play a role in many different areas, but those things cannot be what defines me.  I cannot be all that I need to be. 

Christ defines who I am and what I do.  It is a mental surrender, daily.  So, this time, I don't feel like I am coming home to the task of being a mom, a homemaker, a cook, a woman in ministry, an adoptive parent...

I am coming home to become more like Christ so I can show Him to all the people who God has placed in my life and do all things as unto the Lord, knowing that these tasks have been given to me by God.

My cup runneth over...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Did you see my tweet? I wrote the EXACT phrase that you ended with and had NOT read your blog yet! Great minds think alike :)

Carissa Miller said...

What an encouraging and beautiful post!!! THANK YOU for sharing joy! <3