Friday, February 25, 2011

Fun Facts For Friday

So, apparently we have the most DIS-obedient daughter ever.  She is turning 6 on Monday. S-I-X!  And no matter how many times we tell her to stop growing up, she just continues to grow more and more into a little lady.  *sigh*  We're trying to figure out what kind of "natural" consequences she should have.  We've thought about a pet, but this mama just isn't ready for that commitment yet, I'm still working on trying to keep my houseplants alive!  We also wrestled with the idea of getting her ears pierced, but dad isn't up for that one, yet.  He gives ME the look every time it gets brought up:)

I am going to mention my book again.  I hesitate to even keep talking about it, but if I don't talk about it, I'm afraid people may miss getting their hands on this resource.  I mean really, unless you read my blog or are my #1 fan because you're my friend (ya'll are awesome, by the way), you most likely haven't heard about it.  I don't want it to be about me AT ALL.  I just know that it has the potential to change the lives of families who are going to do it.  As a matter of fact, the children's pastor and his wife are going to do it, and they just got married and have NO kids!  I hope it will be a blessing to ALL who read it as they make the Easter story part of their own story.
On that note, you now have 10 days until the devotional begins!  I was contacted by the staff at The Internet Cafe who wanted to do a write-up about my book and have a giveaway.  So, I'll keep you posted here next week.  The giveaway begins on Monday.

Just to keep me humble, ha!, I thought I'd share something else that happened to me this week.  I had a phone interview with Carolina Parent for the April edition.  The topic was "saving money and incorporating the whole family".  I thought, ooh, I must be pretty cool to have this opportunity...and then I realized that the post I wrote that same day was about how I keep going over budget with our groceries.  I just had to smile:)

We have had 7 families commit to save their spare change for our adoption.  Anybody can save their change and you don't even have to leave the comfort of your own home!  Come on and do it with us:)  Let me know if you're in!  The research showed that you can get an average of $20 for every full bottle of change.  That can really add up!

I've been doing my research to get ready for our straw bale garden this year!  Oh man, am I excited.  I will be posting about our progress, of course;)

Have a Great Weekend, ya'll!  I know I will:)

No comments: