Monday, January 3, 2011

Not Me Monday

While watching Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve show on Friday night I knew all of the artists who sang their songs.

Josh and I did not keep looking at each other saying, "I've NEVER heard of him/her/them!"

Nope, not us!

We totally keep up with the times, and the artists, and the styles...

The styles...

Man, we are on top of the styles lately.  So, there's no way that we kept giving each other the, "What in the world is she wearing?!" look.

Nope, not us!

You can call me with any fashion advice you have.

And speaking of keeping up with the times...

We totally did not have to open up the Urban Dictionary just to figure out what the artists were saying.

Nope, not us!

I mean, everybody knows that a slizzard is "a 'dirty south' term for intoxicated" or "a very slutty lizzard".
Come on!  Who doesn't know that!

And I already had the recipe for sizzurp in my recipe box in the kitchen.  But for those of you out there who may have lost your copy, here it is:  Promethazine w/Codeine syrup, Any fruit flavored soda and A jolly rancher.  There ya go, now you're good to go flying in your G6.  Oh, you don't know what that is?  It's "slang for the Gulfstream G650".  You should really keep up with your aviation makes and models...


We are SO going to be those hip parents who our kids talk about to their friends!


____________________________________________________


Have you ever looked at the Urban dictionary?  It  is SO funny.

For example, you can search the meaning of your name and see what comes up.

Tasha means "lookin good, very stunning and always glowing. a tasha is a beautiful creature who gets alot of unknown attention"


Josh means "He is a fun loving guy really funny and can make anyone laugh.He is very quiet at first and seems shy but when you get to know him you will fall in love.He has very good style and always looks handsome.He also always smells really good :)"

I'd say that those are pretty accurate, wouldn't you:)

But I wouldn't know that because we weren't just on there the other night.

BUT

Just for my enjoyment, since I am still technically on bed rest, would you do something for me?

Stop reading this and go search your name and come back and tell me what it says.  It'll be"off the chain"!

20 comments:

Katelyn said...

Katelyn (according to Urban Dictionary) Katelyn is a girl. She is not like any other girl you will encounter in your lifetime. She's different, but, in a good way. She is beautiful. She is knows to be extremely shy. She is prone to being attracted to older guys, and older guys tend to be attracted to her. Which, can not always be a bad thing.

HA! Hope you are feeling better and have a great 2011!

The Via Colony said...

Thanks Katelyn, ha!

jayandjoy said...

Joy according to the urban dictionary
Literally means Joy!
Joy is an incredible woman of character, strength and beauty!
She is compassionate and loving, always giving of herself to others. She enjoys deep conversation and has strong spirituality. Genuine, honest and fiercely loyal, Joy is one of the best people to have as a friend!
Joy is awesome! Everyone who knows her LOVES her!



Humm I like this thing! :)

Karen said...

Okay this is a hoot! Karen, according the the Urban Dictionary, is:

the perfect woman. She has no flaw. She's funny, sweet, smart as hell, and above all, she is extremely gorgeous. She doesn't let anyone push her around and she has a great personality. She has some awesome goals set and always wins my heart. Has great taste in guys. Don't listen to what the other jack-off put. Everybody loves Karen.
If you were to look up the word "amazing" in the dictionary, there would be a picture of Karen.

Let me just say I didn't know all this stuff about me. It's was good to find it out. Thanks for the tip.

Bobbie Grant said...

This post had me LOLing :)! I usually keep up with fashion and I love clothes. However, the terms I always have to google them or ask my husband who apparently is more up on the ¨lingo¨ than me :)
Here is what my name means according to the good ole´ UD:
Usually easy going, smart,sweet,caring, and very understanding. Life of the party,lots of fun to be around.

Craiger said...

Spot on: Craig This person is just so great. He will always be the guy who takes your breath away without trying. He is the most amazing. The girl who has him is the luckiest person in this whole universe! This one special man is the most amazing, most caring, most loving, most concerning. He keeps loving and loving and never stops. His looks are everything a girl wants. This person knows what to say at the right time, knows when to comfort at the right time. Being a Craig is a honor, becuase he sets the bar so high!

Unknown said...

A very beautiful girl that may not be the tallest woman on the planet. Very shy, but super crazy. One knows how to be kind and caring. Loves to be a part and make good of ones life. She falls, but always gets back up. Loves to have fun. and goes great with her guy. (names that start with c-t).specifically loves d's for some reason. Down to earth. beautiful yet has the brains too.

Okay, here is mine, and , hey, they got the "short" part right!

The Via Colony said...

This is awesome Ya'll!!! Hahahaha...

Keep 'em comin'

ADawson said...

Haha! This is great. Here's what Addie means...."A pretty fly chick, she's super hott and she's the bestest in the world. She loves to party, pretty much the description of every guys' dreamgirl."
Ha! I always wanted to be 'fly' :-)

The Martins said...

katie
A happy person who is a good listener and reliable friend. Likes to party and is always there when you need her.

And, Tasha, can I just say that I love this! Ed got a pack of slang cards with definitions on them from my sister. hilarious! we have laughed so hard at them! Josh will see them at the retreat!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Jennifer:


buy jennifer mugs, tshirts and magnets
a fun, outgoing person. generally smart but can be a total blonde at times. someone who likes meeting new people, and smiles a lot. a person who never would just turn on people. a very good friend. someone you can trust. when she's mad, stand clear she might blow her top. but a person who doesn't get mad easily so you dont have to worry about that.

Ha! Too funny. I like the "she can be a total blonde at times" part!

Unknown said...

Heidi is an amazing, energetic, smart, styling, rocking, funny, gorgeous girl. She laughs at everything, and is almost always smiling. She is beautiful both inside & out. This girl definitly has a temper, but she controls it most of the time. She is a dude magnet. Every guy on this planet is lucky to have her. And she even has a hot name!
"Whoa dude that chick is hot!"

"Of course she is...that's Heidi"

There were many other definitions, 2 that were so mean and not true, HA!! This was fun Tasha, you even got Craig doing some research!

Magan Keith said...

So...I am not even going to say what my name means according to urban dictionary. All I can say is WOW! I cracked up laughing when I read it...let's just say my mom should have named me something else. You must go look up my name..let me know what YOU think. :)

The Via Colony said...

Magan, oh man! That's the only name I've ever seen like that, ha! We'll just go with the definition from ourbabynamer.com:)

Keesha Via said...

Um along with Magan, I too cannot mention my names definition . . . . . . don't think anyone got the response that I did. I hope that I am no where near the definition! I do not suggest looking it up either. However, I did enjoy everyone elses!

Kelly Via said...

Yeah...

I too had to *edit* mine a bit, but at least mine was not negative.

Kelly:

the coolest person you will ever meet. may be irish or canadian but who cares cause canadians are pretty sweet

Person 1:yo its kelly, she's awesome brah.
Person 2: yeah i know man. she's from canada!

Little Miracles International said...

Lori: The Most wonderful person in the World. Kind, Sweet, Loving, Caring, Gentle. Perfect in Every ways. The one you love for all your life.
You are my Lori, My Angel.

I'll take it. LOL

Elizabeth Dare said...

basically the definition of being amazingly cool and fun. athletic, fun and wild. gets into trouble a lot. says stupid things, but people like Liz's. sexy, and fiiiiiiiine.

liz, will you be my baby's mama? <- (LOL)

The Via Colony said...

That's awesome, Lori and Liz.
sorry Keesh and Kelly, ya'lls was NO fun:(

Dana said...

Dana (Day-Na) is the word that defines as a completely powerful person who is not consumed by power and still has empathy. Danas are extremely competent in all aspects, intellegent, respectful, and well-mannered. Not only are they also very beautiful creatures, they have a good sense of humor. Dana does NOT come from Danae or Diana or Diane, in fact. Dana is a word all on itself, created to define awesome people.

I'll take that one!