Thursday, November 4, 2010

Music To My Ears - Sara Scott


Follow my blog with bloglovin

So many times we listen to music because of the name that is attached to it and not because of the content, lyrical depth, melody or skill.

I decided that, as an independent artist (well, at least the wife of one, ha!) I wanted to do some shout outs to some of my friends and friends' friends who write awesome music independently that you may or may not have ever heard of before.

I'm going to highlight different artists here on the blog so there are two responsibilities you have here:

1 - go get some of this awesome music and help support some independent artists with wonderful talent

and

2 - let me know of some artists that you LOVE to fill your iPod with so that I can possibly highlight them here as well

So, without further ado...

Here's the first artist I want to highlight:

Sara Scott

She is one of my favorite people.  She is young, beautiful, full of raw talent and has a heart for the Lord (yes men, she's single, but don't tell her I told you that;)

Not only do I enjoy her music, but I appreciate her heart.  She loves on my kids and goes out of her way to love on them and show them that she cares about them.  If that doesn't speak volumes to a mama, I don't know what does!

We've done several projects with her.  In fact, I had the privilege of playing on her first album.  She is a great songwriter and her voice is exquisite.  I know she is in the process of working on a new EP and I cannot wait to hear it.

You can listen to some of her music HERE.

If you like what you hear, which I'm SURE you will, go download some of her original tunes HERE and make sure you keep checking back with her to find out when she will release her new EP.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Good stuff! I love her song "Lines". "Dangerous Thing" is a good message for our kiddos too! =)Thanks for hooking me up! Looking forward to her EP! I'll definately get it!