Friday, November 12, 2010

Fun Facts For Friday

Boy are you in for a treat today!  I've got lots of Fun Facts to throw at you today:)

1 - Why is it that when I'm trying to be really quiet...I continually drop things, the kitchen cabinet doors slip out of my fingers and slam shut, the toilet seat seems to crash down and my cell phone starts going bonkers?!  Poor Josh was probably ready to throw something at me this morning!

2 - I love when my kids take things literally.  Like, when their arm or leg falls asleep they say: "My leg is really tired." or "My arm is sleepy and won't wake up."=)

3 - I talked on the phone to my sister-in-law for a total of 1 hr. and 41 min.  For anyone who knows me, you know that is a BIG DEAL!  Especially since it is the sister-in-law that I see on at least a weekly basis...  What in the world did we talk about anyway?!

4 - I've started a new discipline trick this week, in light of Thanksgiving.  When the kids start fighting or bickering with each other I make them STOP, look each other in the face and take turns telling each other three things that they love or are thankful for about the other one.  It seems to be working, at least in 20 minute increments.

5 - I have been working my butt off getting these Orphanage Sponsor Packets ready for Sunday.  Hopefully I'll be bringing them to Journey to get these kids funded!

6 - We went and filled up our Shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.  I absolutely LOVE doing this and the kids really enjoyed picking out special things for their boxes, but oh.my.goodness...I about have an anxiety attack walking into the Dollar Tree with 3 kids who want to put one of everything in their box and oh my goodness, if it doesn't all fit in there...

7 - No Shave November was a no-go in this house.  Well, at least for me, that is!  Yes, Josh beat me, but I hate it when my leg hair begins catching on the material inside of my jeans.  I'm just kidding, but Josh did try to talk me into abstaining from shaving this month, ewww!

8 - This is what happened when I sat down with my cup of coffee this morning!

Nope, that is not from the bean casserole I made last night
because I don't like beans so I'd never make a bean casserole...

but anywho...

I sat down and my favorite jammie bottoms totally ripped write down the butt=(
It was time for them to be retired since I bought them, like 6 years ago!

9 - This one is just a freebie because I can't just have 9 facts.  That just doesn't feel right.

10 - I could hardly get my mind to slow down long enough to fall asleep last night.  And then I woke up REALLY early, hence the reason I was up before Josh, and when I DID wake up I felt like I'd already had 3 cups of coffee.  And you better believe I made one more, because if I hadn't made another cup of coffee I wouldn't have been able to sit down and rip my favorite pair of jammy bottoms, now would I, ha!

2 comments:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Haha! You're in rare form today...and it is not even 10pm yet!

"Collect your thoughts..."

Love you!

The Via Colony said...

HAHA! I know, right...