Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A List For The Babysitter

Contrary to popular belief in this house (ie. the kids),
this momma knows the things you will try to talk your babysitter into.

And then there are all those little details that the sitter may simply need to know...

My list for the babysitter keeps getting longer and longer.
____________________________________________

Zeke will tell you he is thirsty ALL THE TIME - 
but we do not have drinks after dinner...
unless YOU want to wake up to his little hand tapping your shoulder at 2am 
because he has to go potty again.
(PS-you don't get paid overtime if you stay for that)

Areyna will ask for the door to be kept cracked open - 
this will entice them to get out of bed at least every 5 minutes or so!
Just shut the door already!

No, we don't leave the closet light or hall light on for them.
That's what their nightlight is for.

You have to put band-aids on their thumbs so they won't suck them.
Not the clear ones that won't come off for anything.
They still cause "prunage" and it makes it difficult to tell if they sucked it or not.
Then, this causes tears in the morning because they think they've failed.
And that's no way to start the day...believe me!

Micaiah sleeps with - 
his bubby, fan on, blinds closed, door closed

Zeke sleeps with -
his bubby, a band-aid on his thumb, music, 
blinds closed, door closed, nightlight on 
and prefers to sleep naked

Areyna sleeps with - 
handpicked animal of the stuffed variety, band-aid on her thumb, 
music, blinds closed, door closed

Micaiah - 
if you use a disposable diaper...
make sure it is not a swimming diaper.  
The only thing those are good for are to keep poop in.
Pee, on the other hand...

Cloth diapers - 
1 insert for normal, everyday diapers
2 inserts at night...
UNLESS he's had a lot to drink.
Then you'll want to put 3 inserts in that bad boy!

TV -
turn converter box on
turn TV on
turn dial to "1"
little black remote is for channels
large silver remote is for volume
don't even bother trying to watch if it's cloudy, ha!

DVD - 
turn TV on
turn DVD player on
turn dial to "3"
little silver remote is for DVD player
large silver remote is for volume

You better make sure you ask who's turn it is 
to pick a movie or you are in for a HUGE meltdown

Areyna will use her sweet little 5-year-old logic on you - 
but stay strong...
BUGS DO HAVE TO STAY CONTAINED INDOORS!

Then we get into allergies, medicine dosages and discipline...sheesh!

My babysitters probably hate me!
_____________________________________________

What does your list for the babysitter look like?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. That right there may be why I never babysat. Ever.

And, you know, I wonder why my mom didn't put a bandaid on my thumb? Because I think I had that *very bad habit* until I was in fourth grade...

The Via Colony said...

I hated babysitting too!

and

4th grade? Oh man...did you have to get braces?

Holly said...

Tasha,
you are so good... we literally just leave with a few simple instructions and hope they all survive:) They have our phone numbers and we tell them to call or text with any questions.

Kate said...

I am SO like you Tasha. I type out a list, color-coded for each kid. I used to try to just keep updating the same list, but it became easier to just make a new one because things change so much. That would be why we don't go out often- well, that and the cost- I used to babysit ALL the time, so I refuse to go if we can't pay our babysitter well- and "well" for watching these tykes is a lot :). Well, that and because I get tired of changing wet sheets in the night or the next day because the babysitter cannot understand the drink restrictions- even after I bold them and verbally recite them. I know she loves them, but yikes.

Drawing Straws said...

I just love that your tv has a dial ;)