Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fun Facts For Friday...on Saturday

1 - I have been released!  From scrapbooking that is.  I used to love it; when I had time to do it, and more money to do it, and a place to do it, and I didn't have little persons walking all over everything and sticking little pieces in their mouths and fighting over stickers and stamps and wanting to scrapbook with me...but let's face it.  That just doesn't happen anymore!

As much as my kids and husband enjoy looking through our books I have been released to stop.  Well, actually, I technically haven't scrapped in almost 2 years, so I really quit a long time ago.

I've done a scrapbook for each of our kid's first years so I will continue to do that, but I'm just going to keep going with the family journaling on my blog and do photo books.

*sigh* It really is a relief...

2 - Josh and I took a day trip on Wednesday afternoon/evening.  We dropped the kids off with some friends (Thanks Jenn and Katie!) and headed to Charlotte.  We had a double date with our good friend, Andy Cherry, and his awesome, soon-to-be wife, Michelle.  We had a great time!  We'll be in Uganda when they get married so we wanted to do something special with them.  We got to talk way more with them that night that we ever would have at their wedding.  Thanks for an awesome time ya'll!


3 - I exercised 5 times this week.  This is a big deal ya'll!  I did Winsor Pilates Bun and Thigh Sculpting - Sculpt Your Body Slim (DVD) one day, went jogging with the fam. the next day, Winsor Pilates Ab Sculpting the next, jogging/walking with the 3 kids to the park the next and Winsor Pilates: Advanced Body Slimming VHS the next.  I am feel mean and lean today!  It feels SO good to be getting in the intentionally active groove again.

4 - We are now the proud owners of...
Oh, you don't see them?

Let's take a closer look.

Let me introduce you to "Fishy" the fish

and "Lazy" the other fish

This may actually be as close to being a "pet family" as we get, so we've gotten pretty excited around here!  These little guys were left over from Aunt Joy's wedding a couple of weeks ago.  They survived a whole week in an open ziplock baggie full of water so they may actually survive in this house!  Praise The Lord for hearty animals:)

5 - Garden update.  We are still bringing in tomatoes ever so slowly...and I mean s.l.o.w.l.y! But would you look at those Caster Bean plants?!  Those are actually the plants we grew to keep the moles from eating the rest of our garden...and those are the only things left in our garden.  Hmmm...  Praise The Lord for hearty plants too.  Even if they aren't really part of the garden, ha!

No comments: