Monday, June 7, 2010

Little Shadows


They follow me around everywhere.

They hear every word that comes out of my mouth.

They watch my every move.

They take note of every action and reaction to each life experience.

They are named Areyna, Zeke and Micaiah.

We were running errands the other day and I was a little frantic because we were doing our usual...unpacking to repack. I felt like I had a million things to get done and we were leaving the next morning.

Me: at buisiness bank "Ugh...this is taking FOREVER!"
Areyna: "Maybe the lady is helping someone else first, mommy."

Me: at personal bank "Good grief, this guy is just sitting there"
Areyna: "Maybe he is just thinking about something for a second."

Me: in the car behind some grandpa going 20 miles UNDER the speed limit on a 2-lane HWY "Are you serious?"
Areyna: "What mommy"
Me: "This guy is going SUPER slow."
Areyna: "Maybe he's lost"

Those sweet, gentle reminders that my children are ALWAYS watching me and listening to me.

AND that sometimes it's the mommy who needs to ask God to give her a "happy heart";)

Thank you Areyna for helping me change my heart!

3 comments:

mel said...

That is very sweet. You know she's right (most times!). People aren't trying to be intentially aggravating and it's so easy to get caught up and loose sight.

What a sweet, thoughtful gal you have there.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post, Tasha. I'm sre Areyna will treasure these words as she grows to appreciate the lovliness of them. Thanks for the reminder!

Kelly Via said...

Great post, Tash!