Monday, November 30, 2009

Accessorize


Not only do I struggle with accessorizing our dinner, I have a problem with accessorizing myself!  I just looked down at my shoes to realize that I have had these same shoes since the year Josh and I got married and I wear them several times a week (if not every day).  They are so old that the sole is coming unglued on the bottom and flaps when I walk on low humidity days;)

That got me thinking about other things I own.  I have the same 8 earrings in my ears that I had in 10th grade and they have only been taken out for soccer games.  I got a necklace for mother's day 5 years ago that I wear every day (except for the 5 times that the chain has broken and I've had to get it fixed...thank goodness for lifetime warranties).

I have never been a very high maintenance girl.  In fact, my mom and sister had to apply my makeup on my wedding day.  I am very grateful for my younger sister-in-law who is a Mary Kay consultant who can give me those inside tips now=)

I have a friend who is a pro interior design expert and I always ask her advice on decorating my house.  So now I'm asking for your help.  Are there any expert accessorizers out there who can give me some tips?  I mean, are there certain guidelines that one is supposed to adhere to?

2 comments:

Rita said...

I tried to post this last night, but for some reason it didn't work. So here it is again.

I learned this from a friend a while back. When you're arranging items - from flowers to candles to photos on a wall - do so in odd numbers. You will never achieve perfect symmetry and odd numbers give a "center" to the display.

jayandjoy said...

Hey Thanks for the plug!

Shop online on my personal website www.marykay.com/jvia
20% off all Christmas Orders!!!!