Thursday, August 20, 2009

Breastfeeding 101

My kids have taken quite the interest in observing...and asking LOTS of questions...while I feed Micaiah.  It is quite the experience for them=)

Here are some interesting things that have come from our Q&A sessions:

Areyna:  "Mommy, I want to feed Micaiah."
Me:  "Well baby, I don't have a bottle ready for you to feed him this time."
Areyna:  "No I mean from my boobies."
I then had to explain that God didn't give her milk in her boobies yet.  She has to have a baby first=)

Zeke:  "Mommy, do you have any cookies in there for Micaiah?"
Clearly cookies and milk are supposed to go together!

Pumping has been an interesting phenomenon for them as well.  They look on, wide-eyed every time I get the contraption out.  

Areyna cheers me on every ounce of the way.  She must know that pumping doesn't come so easy for every mommy=) 

Zeke just watches in wonder and curiosity.  He also says things like "Why are you doing that to your belly button?"  Yeah, he gets those 2 body parts confused sometimes=)

Have you had any "fun" experiences with siblings like this?

5 comments:

Kelly Via said...

HA HA HA HA! Love it love it!!! I am just giggling picturing these scenarios!

So far, Cana and Kayil don't really make a fuss of me pumping...they just ask things like "Is that milk for Karis?" and "Why, Mommy, Why?" But Cana does ask almost everytime I am going to feed Karis "Mommy, are you going to breastfeed her or feed her with a bottle?" She gets sad when I say 'breastfeed' sometimes cause she says it takes 'way too long.'

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Are there cookies in there?! Hilarious!!

Emily Jennings said...

That is very funny! Hattie likes to "feed" her babies when I am feeding Millie Grace.

Shannon Bradley said...

Oh that was a good laugh!! :) heheheh

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.