Sunday, May 3, 2009

Clothesline


So, we're gonna do it.  We're gonna try to do the majority of our clothes drying outside on a clothesline.  I've done a little research and I really think it will cut down significantly on our energy bill!  Plus, there's just something about fresh laundry hanging out to dry=)
  • Do any of you do this and what kind of clothesline do you have?  
  • Where did you get it?  
  • Is there anything you can spray on your clothes to get the "outdoor smell" out of them or to make them not so stiff?
  • Any other tips?
I really want to hear any advice you have because I'm eager to get started!

5 comments:

Joy@WDDCH said...

I want a clothesline SO BADLY! But hubby doesn't seem too keen on the idea. I promised to not hang his boxers out (apartments nextdoor can see over our fence into the yard). Ha ha!

Anyway, growing up we had the T-shaped clothesline poles with four loooong, white cords strung between the two T-shaped poles.

Don't know of anything to get the stiffness or outdoor smell out. I think you can buy the supplies at a hardware store!

Ashley said...

This is random, but I occasionally dry some of my clothes on an 'indoor clothes line.' I use a normal box fan and plug it up in my room with the clothes strategically hung around and then I close the door. The clothes dry fine, but I do it because the room smells soooo good after. lol, I guess that is just a random thought for if it's raining!

Anonymous said...

I love line-drying my clothes. I use two drying racks. You can fit a surprising amount of things on a good-sized rack. And they're very lightweight.

But I think if given all the options in the world, I would choose this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4RLDKKdoQQ&feature=player_embedded

To get rid of the outdoorsy smell and stiffness, I bring in the dry (or sometimes very nearly dry) items from outside and toss them in the dryer for just a couple minutes with a dryer sheet. They're much easier to fold that way too.

Cheryl Nichols said...

Hey Girl, When is that due date..?
I love line grying but haven't been able to since we moved and they don't allow backyard lines..
nothing like the smell of line dried sheets...my favorite!!
I too like to put them in the dryer for about 10 min. to fkuff up. Talkes to your mom alot while in Co. but didn't get to see her. Sure hope next time I will. Cheryl

Cheryl Nichols said...

Spelling Mistakes....what can I say.. haven't been typing alot lately..SORRY!!Cheryl