Monday, November 17, 2008

I DO NOT Have Happy Feet


My feet DO NOT like shoes.  They like to feel FREE ... and BAREFOOT!  But, if I do wear shoes my feet and I have an understanding that I am only to wear FLIP FLOPS!  

I abide by their rules MOST of the time, but yesterday I was feeling a little "sassy" and I wanted to wear my high heal boots.  This would have been fine EXCEPT for the fact that I was going to be on my feet ALL DAY!!  I lead worship with Josh in the morning (starting at 8am) and then came home and had lunch.  Then I hopped in the car for another rehearsal so I could lead worship with my friend Sara last night.  As if that weren't enough, I decided that I needed to get my grocery shopping done on the way home.  I didn't walk in my front door until 7:45pm.  

My feet were SCREAMING at me!  As soon as I took my boots off my feet SIGHED with relief and then went directly into rebellion.  I can barely walk this morning.  I feel like they have swelled up into size 10s.  I don't know how you women do it who have to wear real high heals ALL day!  Or worse, LIKE TO wear them?!

I always tell my kid's that there are consequences.  This is mine=)

4 comments:

Emily Jennings said...

I TOTALLY agree. I hate "real" shoes. I wish I did like them, because they are pretty, but comfort is way more important to me.

the broomes said...

...I think that sore feet is something that you grow accustomed to. I used to wear high heals on a fairly regular basis. But now-- I can barely get through a date or church with the things!!!

Parkison Family said...

Oh the things we women go through! :)

Ashley said...

Aww Tash I love the boots!!! If only my feet were small I'd be happy to 'take them off your hands' (or feet?). hehe. Lucky for me my feet don't hurt, they love my heels! :)