Friday, November 14, 2008

Can't Stop Smilin'

Last week my friend, Sara, came up to me and told me to pick a night this week for her to come play with the kids so Josh and I could go out on a date.  I was so excited.  It has been a long (GREAT, but long) month and most of the time we are without the kids we have a band rehearsal or a gig so this was really special.

We got out our Entertainment Book and looked at our options.  We chose Brixx Pizza in UpTown Charlotte followed by the coolest Starbucks in Charlotte.  It's in an old house and has such a cool atmosphere.  We hardly ever go out to eat so this was such a treat!

Nothing fancy or extravagant.  Nothing pricy.  We were only gone a couple of hours.  Just quality, one-on-one time with my man.  It was such a GREAT feeling to have an uninterrupted conversation with my best friend.  It was such a GREAT feeling to know my kids were being taken care of by someone they love and that they were having a great time and that they were HAPPY that their mommy and daddy got to go on a date.

What a blessing that was to us!  I just couldn't stop smiling last night=)

6 comments:

Michaelle said...

I need one of those nights out really bad right now!

Monica said...

I know why you were smiling. We like to go out often. Inexpensive is good and a necessity sometimes. We like to go get yogurt.....

Tony C said...

You go girl!

My wife and our youngest one are at Disney this weekend, so I took our 13 year old to dinner last night. It was really good to talk, just the two of us. It presented an opportunity for me to press home a few issues with her in a relaxed, one-on-one setting.

Teenage girls...one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

Kelly Via said...

That's Great Tasha!! So date night and Pj day all in one week? Sounds like a great week for you! Hopefully the next picture you post won't look like that really sad one in the Ikea Chair...

Anonymous said...

yay!

Gene and I are having DATE NIGHT tonight- and I can't stop looking at the clock.

can't wait!!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

I'm so glad for you and Josh...I know how much deserved that time together was!