Sunday, August 31, 2008

That's Just Politics

I absolutely HATE politics!  My friend, Melissa, is probably gasping right now.  I think she is probably the biggest political guru I've ever personally met=)  Well, besides our other friend Ben who predicted, like 8 years ago, that Hilary Clinton would run for president.  Anyway, it's true.  I hate how 2 people can stare each other in the face and bash each other for months and then turn around and be best friends.  And this seems to be what unites a party?!  That's just me though.  I just don't understand.  I'm not one to thrive on conflict though...

Am I alone here?

4 comments:

a.helms said...

you are definitely not alone. I hate mud-slinging, greediness, thieving, lying, cheating, doing anything you can to get a position that you have no intentions to keep promises you know you can't keep or won't keep. The selfishness and all that other stuff that comes with politics. I can't stand to think about it all much less discuss it or see it on the tv.

Joy said...

I definitely hate, despise, abhor the campaign commercials that knock the other candidate down instead of talking about what they are GOING to do if elected! SERIOUSLY, enough bashing! It makes me NOT want to vote for you!!!

Stonefox said...

I don't care for the fighting and backbiting either. Now I believe in standing up for the right issues and stances...but instead of standing for rights and against wrongs, it is a political war driven by selfish ambition.

Anonymous said...

I must say.....I will be SOOOO GLAD when it's all over...