Monday, June 16, 2008

An Adventure In Hungary


Josh and I have had A LOT of free time here, but we're not complaining. Today during our free time we thought we'd do something a little different, instead of the usual falling asleep reading or walking around the villas.=) We rented a couple of bikes and took a bike ride up the mountains, well actually, they were hills but my butt and thighs would tell you otherwise;) Anyway, we were told there was an old "castle" to the left, take a right and up the hill. We'd been riding for about 45 minutes and my shaky legs could not go any farther. We had yet to find the mysterious castle. After a Mary mother of Jesus shrine, a homeless man, numerous wrong turns and 20 or so more minutes we found it! It was quite an experience=) I hardly peddled 5 times all the way back down so I didn't feel so bad for how out of breathe and exhausted I was after realizing the whole first half was UPHILL! I hadn't ridden a bike in several years but it was so much fun to get out and see the country a little. I think my body is probably going to regret this little adventure in the morning.
Post a Comment