Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My New Violin Student


Yesterday, after I gave a violin lesson, my student wanted to see the first violin that I used when I was 4 years old. Her mother was speechless as I pulled it out of the case because it's size makes it look like a toy. After they left my little Rainy walked in and with big eyes asked, "Is that just for me mommy?" I told her that it used to be mine and asked if she wanted to play it. So, I started a new violin student yesterday, my own little Areyna. You could tell that she felt so special. You can see a video of her first notes on JOSH'S BLOG. After this video I taught her what every good beginner learns "ta-ka-ta-ka-stop-stop" and she picked it up like a champ. I'm a proud mama=)

6 comments:

sheltonfamily said...

so sweet.....what a gift to give her... I was just telling someone I'd rather our girls learn violin than piano. We'll see how that goes!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Awesome!

Kelly Via said...

That is so so sweet! How incredible! I love it, and I know you do too! Way to go Areyna!

Emily Jennings said...

That is great! Silas, Hattie and I watched the video on Josh's blog and my kids were pretty jealous!

Rhonda said...

That is too cute! Following in your footsteps.
RJ

mom said...

She's a natural! Definitely the way Suzuki said it should be done. And look at that bow hold!