Wednesday, June 3, 2009

They're Gone

Today my husband is blessing me in a big way!  Let me explain...

We just got back on Monday late afternoon from a weekend in Raleigh, NC leading worship.  We leave again on Friday to lead worship for a beach retreat, which I am totally STOKED about, by the way!  But there are a few more things that need to get done before the retreat...like a trip to VA.  We are dropping the kids off at Meme and Poppie's house and picking up all the sound equipment for the camp on Wednesday and coming directly home on Thursday so we can leave Friday for the retreat.  That would mean 1 day at home!

Here's where the blessing part comes in...Josh just took off with the kids all by himself, leaving me to our house ALL BY MYSELF!  Not only do I get to cut out 7 more hours in the car, which at this point in my pregnancy is a blessing in itself, but I get to scurry around in my house, alone, without any interruption, to "nest" and sleep and exercise and scrapbook and get things done.  I may even go run some errands now, during a naptime or sneak some ice cream after 8pm which is nite-nite time=)

I am SO excited!  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my family and my kids, but when was the last time you were in your house all by YOURself?

5 comments:

Shannon Bradley said...

It feels really really good :)

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Oh, I know! Usually when we don't have the kids...we are the ones leaving them at home. On the rare occasion that I was home alone it felt really strange. Good! But strange too! Enjoy it and get a lot done...or enjoy doing nothing!

Can't wait for our trip next week! It's no problem for Josh and the kids to stay here.

Anonymous said...

I know I should be making better use of the time, but when I'm home alone, I cannot STAND IT!! It's too quiet and I just sit and cry. Isn't that pathetic?!?!

Kyle works at night on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday these days. So when he's gone, I could be so productive. But, so far, I've just been too hormonal to be trusted at home alone!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness. The mere thought of being home alone. How does that feel again?? Makes me want to giggle.

Kelly Via said...

So..How'd it go!?